Join us for the Optimist Brain Bowl!
- …a fast paced quiz competition for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teams of 5 or 6. Questions range from academia to the community, biology to zoology…
- The Optimist Brain Bowl serves over 1200 children in 3 regional tournaments annually. The top 6 teams in each grade level from each tournament are invited to the Championship tournament to determine which teams will take home the Championship trophies.
- The Optimist Brain Bowl is produced and staffed entirely by volunteers from Colorado-Wyoming District of Optimist International and their friends. Each of our tournaments requires over 100 volunteers and couple more than 150! We’d love to have you come and play with our Brain Bowl scholars!
Try our “Holiday Showdown“, a list of Brain Bowl Sample Questions.
Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
Register at the Optimist Brain Bowl Website: http://www.OptimistBrainBowl.org
There are three regional events:
- North Region Tournament (usually the largest tournament)
Saturday, January 6, 2018 – Photos! by JJ Pooley
Standley Lake HS, Westminster
- Central Region Tournament
Saturday, January 20, 2018
Heritage HS, Littleton
- South Region Tournament
Saturday, February 3, 2018
Horizon Middle School, Co Spgs
Culminating in the Colorado/Wyoming OPTIMIST
- District Championship Tournament –
Saturday, February 24, 2018
Hamilton Middle School, Denver
JOIN US! VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED
Over 135 per tournament, most positions are half day, including lunch!
Plan to arrive by 6:45 am
- Readers—Training Required !
- Score Keepers
- Proctors and
Come join what the Optimists
are doing for YOUR Community!
SUCCESS AT THE RONALD McDONALD HOUSE HOLIDAY DINNER SERVICE
Several WROC members and volunteers made the RMH 2017 Christmas Dinner memorable for about 60 guests. Thank you so much for Making a difference!
|The Ronald McDonald House provides affordable accommodations to families from over 60 miles away whose children under 21 are hospitalized, for whatever reason.
1300 E 21st Ave, Denver
WRITE, CALL or TEXT for MORE INFO! info@WheatRidgeOptimist.org – 720-580-2171 (v/t)
Tell your friends!
…about these service opportunities. Download and print our tri-fold flyer to share with your friends and colleagues, linked here.
Want to learn more about the Wheat Ridge Optimist Club?
The Wheat Ridge Optimist Club is a service organization dedicated to “bringing out the best in kids”. It is one of over 2,900 Optimist International member clubs located all around the world dedicated to programs that support the youth in each community.
|We meet each Wednesday for breakfast in Wheat Ridge:
Wheat Ridge Rec Center
4005 Kipling, Carnation Room
7:00 am – 8:00 am
720-580-2171 (voice or text)